- If you’ve received a letter from your municipality stating your property/home is now within the floodplain limits, we can coordinate with the municipality to determine the necessary course of action.
- If you are purchasing a home and the loaning institution requires flood insurance on a property that the previous owner was not required to obtain flood insurance, we can provide a floodplain determination sketch plan for possible clearance of the property of insurance obligations.
- If you believe your property/home is incorrectly included within the official FEMA floodplain boundary, we can provide an elevation certificate and apply for Letters of Map Amendment from FEMA to exclude your property/home from the floodplain.
- If you are planning to build/expand a home within the floodplain boundary, we can facilitate by providing survey and floodplain expertise to expedite the process.
- If you are a developer looking to develop land containing floodplain and/or floodway, we can provide survey/design/permitting services to best suit your development needs. We are experienced in stream crossing/encroachment design and permitting through DEP and FEMA.
If you have questions, please contact PennTerra's Environmental Department Manager by phone at 814-231-8285.